During this extensive, personal interview, Dr.Kommetter, Dr.Stadler Dr.Boschi or Dr.Kumposcht will try to determine why it was not possible to conceive a child to this date. Please arrange for an appointment in one of our two surgeries or register for a Skype call. Together, we will decide on the best course of action. If you would like to receive psychological counselling, we are happy to arrange it. Please also bring along any documents of preliminary examinations.
First, we will determine the possible causes of infertility. After an extensive examination, we are then able to reach a diagnosis, which will give the basis for subsequent treatments.
Two is better than one
Please attend the initial consultation as a couple so we can better explore every possible cause of infertility. The causes of infertility can be found in both partners and both have an essential part to play in the IVF process. We must further take into consideration medical as well as other factors (e.g. environmental pollution, stress etc.) in establishing the best therapy. The duration of infertility as well as the female partner’s age are also significant.
Our diagnosis will indicate a number of treatment options that we discuss at length with both partners. A variety of treatments are available.
Checklist for the initial consultation
To guarantee the best treatment we recommend to bring along all results from preliminary examinations.
- hormonal blood tests of the 2nd or 3rd day of the menstrual cycle
- documentation of previous ovarian or uterine surgery (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, hysterosalpingography, endometriosis surgery)
- documentation of previous fertility therapies
Necessary tests before starting Treatment:
- recent blood tests of both partners for infectious deseases (HIV, hepatitis B and C, Syphilis)
Requested documents for starting infertility Treatment:
- agreement to medical tretament signed by both partners (view Download)
- copy of marriage certificate
according to the Austrian Law Regulating Reproductive Medicine non-married couples need to bring a notarially certified agreement to the legal consequences of reproductive medicine
- copy of both partners' ID
- copy of residence permit if partners are non-EU citizens