Your personal interview
The initial consultation with the parent-to-be in a pleasant atmosphere is of central importance for subsequent treatment in our fertility clinic in Klagenfurt. Here we want to discuss your personal concerns, possible diagnoses and treatment options for you and clarify any unanswered questions you may have.
Let’s get to know each other!
It is important for us to know, how long you have had the desire to have a child. Other questions must also be clarified: Have you had previous operations, (chronic) infections or other illnesses? Do you regularly take medication? For the woman, information about the rhythm and length of her cycle is of central importance. Here, the intervals are important as well as possible pain and bleeding.
Procedure of your initial consultation
- During your first consultation with the doctor, your medical history (anamnesis) takes centre stage. Patients have the chance to familiarize themselves with the individual treatment methods of artificial insemination and to ask questions.
- Of course, the doctor also informs you about the costs of the respective treatments, about the above-average chances of success in our clinic in Klagenfurt and all possible risks involved.
- Tailored to your individual medical needs, the attending physician then creates a treatment protocol that is the basis for all future treatments in our fertility centre.
Important documents to bring to your initial consultation with us
To prepare well for your initial consultation, please put together the following necessary documents:
Documents for both partners
- Current serological findings: hepatitis B and C, HIV, lues (man and woman)
- Current Chlamydia findings from the urine (man and woman)
Please bring the following diagnostic reports for the woman
- Hormone status from the beginning of the cycle (2nd or 3rd day best)
- Surgery reports of surgery on the uterus or the ovaries
- Findings and records of previous IVF treatments
- PAP smear
Please bring the following diagnostic reports for the man
For subsequent treatment, these documents are required as well
- A treatment agreement signed by both partners (see download)
- A copy of the marriage certificate
- For unmarried couples, according to the Austrian Reproductive Medicine Act, evidence (notarial deeds) of detailed advice on the legal consequences of medically assisted reproduction by a court or notary is required
- Copies of photo IDs of both partners
- Non-EU citizens: residence permit
Would you like to know more about the possible treatment methods in our VivaNeo Fertility Clinic in Klagenfurt? Then make an appointment now for your initial consultation or come to one of our free informational evenings.