Tips to improve your sperm quality:
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce your alcohol consumption
- Reduce your intake of unsaturated fat acids ("Becel", fish, omega-3 fat acids)
- Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables
- Regular sexual intercourse, 2 times a week
- Moderate coffee consumption
- Taking MACA up to 1500mg daily
- Give up nicotine!!!
- Avoid tight trousers
- Avoid hot baths and saunas
- Don't use heated car seats
- Avoid stress
- Avoid contact with paint, steams and spray chemicals
Please remember that although you are making long-term changes to your lifestyle, your sperm quality can be improved after as little as three months. During illness (flu, fever, inflammation, when taking antibiotics) sperm quality can deteriorate and can take up to 12 weeks to fully regenerate.
You can have a spermiogram to assess your sperm quality according to the WHO guidelines at any time at our VivaNeo clinics. Please make an appointment under the respective telephone number or via e-mail.
If you prefer to produce your sperm sample outside of the clinic, please remember that it must be brought to our lab within 30 to 45 minutes and kept at body temperature!